“Father … to you I offer praise; for what you have hidden from the learned and the clever you have revealed to the merest children.” (Mt.11: 25)
“A Call to Mary” is an organization of Lay Catholics, faithful to Holy Mother Church, obedient to the Magisterium and devoted to the Mother of God under the title of Our Lady of Fatima. It is dedicated to spreading the Message of Fatima and the teachings of the Church to the faithful through the media of conferences, computer technology and other means of public communication as directed by Holy Mother Church. It was founded for the purpose of returning to the Message of Fatima, recalling its prophetic warnings for the world and responding to the remedy given to us by Our Lady for the evils and the dangers that threaten our homes, our families, and all of humanity today. Its mission is to renew and revive in the hearts of all people love for the Mother of God and most especially:
- Spread the Message of Fatima and in particular, Devotion to the Immaculate Heart;
- Defend and uphold the teachings of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church;
- Restore and protect the dignity and sanctity of the Christian Family, modeled after the Holy Family at Nazareth;
- Inform, educate, and catechize the laity on the basic doctrinal teachings of the Church confirmed by Our Lady in her Apparitions at Fatima;
- Respond to the requests of Our Lady at Fatima by promoting the First Saturday Devotions, the Recitation of the Rosary and Consecration to the Immaculate Heart of Mary through the wearing of the Brown Scapular as its visible sign.
At Fatima, Portugal, in 1917, Our Beloved Mother Mary appeared in six months succession to three shepherd children: Lucia, Jacinta and Francisco, with a loving yet stern warning to the world to return to the mercy of God; to repent, do penance and to sacrifice for sinners and for the salvation of souls. It is almost one hundred years later. Have we responded to Our Lady’s Requests for peace in the world and peace in our families?
“In her motherly concern, the Blessed Virgin came here to Fátima to ask men and women “to stop offending God, Our Lord, who is already very offended”. It is a mother’s sorrow that compels her to speak; the destiny of her children is at stake. For this reason she asks the little shepherds: “Pray, pray much and make sacrifices for sinners; many souls go to hell because they have no one to pray and make sacrifices for them”. The message of Fátima is a call to conversion, alerting humanity to have nothing to do with the “dragon” whose “tail swept down a third of the stars of heaven, and cast them to the earth” (Rv12: 4). Man’s final goal is heaven, his true home, where the heavenly Father awaits everyone with his merciful love.”
Pope St. JOHN PAUL II Saturday May 13, 2000 Fátima